Jok Jok cared about finding a cure for neurological disease and disorders such as ALS that took the life of his uncle in 2019. Jok was also passionate about justice and was an active member in his school's effort to foster a more inclusive and hopeful community. The Jok Jok Memorial Scholarship Award grants eligible students, who are seniors in high school or freshmen in college, majoring in the medical sciences, with $500 to $3000 toward their education.
To be eligible for the grant, you must:
- be a high school senior or college freshman
- be a member of the African diaspora and/or a former refugee, or be a first generation college student
- have a GPA of 2.5 or above
- submit your school transcript
- submit a 500 word essay sharing with the award committee why you are interested in the Jok Jok Memorial Scholarship and what your dreams are for the future.
Please submit your application materials below.